Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone) was established by an Emiri Decree No.2 in 1995. SAIF Zone is placed on the crossroads of major trading routes between East and West. Sharjah offers excellent global, sea, land and air transport links with access to a market of over 1.4 billion consumers, covering member states of the GCC and the Arab World, Iran, CIS countries, the Asian Sub-continent and parts of Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean.
Adjacent to Sharjah International Airport and just a few minutes from Sharjah City and Port Khalid, the location of SAIF Zone is enhanced by its secondary seaport facility located in the Gulf of Oman at Port Khorfakkan.
- The only Emirate with seaports on the East and West coasts.
- SAIF Zone is the world’s first ISO certified Airport Free Zone.
- Access to ports in the Arabian Gulf and the Indian Ocean.
- Lease period up to 25 years.
- Type of company activities include manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging, Import/export, distribution, storage, services, etc.
Forms of registration
- Branch of a foreign company
- Branch of a UAE company
- Free Zone Company (FZCO) – minimum share capital is AED 150,000.
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – minimum share capital is AED 150,000.
* There is no requirement to deposit the capital into a bank account
Features of FZE/ FZC
- A FZE is a limited liability establishment with single shareholder. Whereas, A FZC is a company with minimum two to maximum five shareholders
- The shareholder of an FZE/FZC can be either an individual or a corporate entity
- The capital requirement for forming a FZE/FZC in the free zone is AED 150,000. The capital contributed for the FZE/FZC can be utilized in the operations. The deposit of capital amount is optional.
- A FZE/FZC is required to file its audited annual accounts to the free zone authority.
- A FZE/FZC is regulated by the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Free Zone Authority.
- Dividends from the FZE/FZC is paid to the shareholder would be taxed as per the laws prevalent in the country of the shareholder.
Facility costs and type of license
|Facility||Size||Cost in AED per annum|
|Land||Min. 2500 sq.mtr||25 per sq.mtr|
|Executive Offices||Min. 24 sq mtr||1,650 per sq.mtr|
|Factory/Warehouse||125 – 600 sq.mtr||Varies from 63,000 – 215,000|
|FZE / FZCO Registration Fee AED 10,000 (one time fee)|
|Branch Registration Fee AED 5,000 (one time fee)|
|Type of License||Cost in AED per annum|
|Industrial||7,500 – 10,000|
|Commercial (3 items)||7,500 – 15,000|
|Aviation / Shipping License||15,000|
|Oil & Gas||15,000|
|Freight Forwarding & Cargo Handling||8,500|
*These figures are indicative and subject to change.
** Currently there is a promotional offer of AED 18,500 annually for specific trading activity along lease and license of E-desk Facility. This promotional offer is valid for two (2) years and from the third year onwards the normal fee of AED 25,800 will be applicable. In case you wish to obtain general trading license then the first two years’ license cost shall be AED 26,000 annually and from third year onwards it shall be AED 33,000.