The Dubai Media City (DMC) was formed under Law No. 1 of 2000 of the Emirate of Dubai. The Dubai Media City has rapidly emerged as a global media hub. The City provides an advanced infrastructure and supportive environment for media-related businesses to operate globally out of Dubai.
The DMC is fully supported by the Government of Dubai and has established Free Zone specific corporate laws that empower the companies in the community and help them grow. The facility offers an environment that allows companies and individuals to operate with collective synergy and freedom. The Dubai Media City emphasizes “The Freedom to Create”.
The DMC brings to the media community an advanced infrastructure based upon a global interconnected network, linked by satellites, computers, internet, television, radio, journalism, cinema and film production. The City is already home to many international companies including global giants such as CNN, Reuters, Sony Broadcast & Professional, McGraw Hill Publishing, Bertelsmann, and MBC, along with regional companies and new start-ups.
- The most advanced scalable IT network.
- Satellite Uplink / Downlink facilities.
- Post production studios and facilities.
- Shared Business Centers.
- Customer Care Center (provides all technical and support service).
- Special facilities for professional freelancers.
- 50 year lease contract for land and building.
- Types of company activities include broadcast services, music, video/audio publishing, production and post-production, advertising agencies, studios, etc.
Forms of registration
- Branch of a foreign company
- Branch of a UAE company
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC) – Minimum share capital is AED 50,000 and the maximum depends on the authorities after review of the business plan.
Facility costs and type of license
|Facility||Size||Cost in AED per annum|
|Office||500 sq.ft onwards||190 per sq.ft|
|Business Centre||Varies||350 – 450 per sq.ft|
|Registration Fee one time (FZ LLC) AED 3,500|
|Registration Fee one time (Branch) AED 3,500|
|Segment /Activity||No of Activities allowed within the segment||Cost in AED per annum|
|Advertising & Communication||One||20,000|
|Media & Marketing Services||Four||15,000|
|Media Support Services||Two||15,000|
|Event Support Services||One||15,000|
|Media & Marketing Consultancy||One||15,000|
|Media Association (Non-Profit)||One||15,000|
*The figures are indicative and subject to change