The Hamriyah Free Zone (HFZ) was established by an Emiri Decree No. 6 dated 12th November, 1995. It is becoming one of the cornerstones of industrial development within the Emirates. Hamriyah Free Zone consists of 12 square km of prime industrial and commercial land. The HFZ Authority is currently developing first class services and facilities that will complement its 14 meter deep water port which will offer a strategic business advantage to the investors. HFZ was been awarded the Century International Gold Quality Award for the year 2002. This makes HFZ the first Free Zone in the World to receive such a prestigious award.
- Hamriyah Free Zone (HFZ) Access to 3 modern seaports.
- Sharjah is the only Emirate with seaports on the East and West coasts.
- HFZ has access to one of the largest cargo hubs in the UAE at Sharjah International Airport.
- Lease period upto 25 years.
- Type of activities include manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging, import/ export, distribution, storage, services, etc.
Forms of registration
- Branch of a foreign company
- Branch of a UAE company
- Free Zone Company (FZCO) – 2 to 5 shareholders
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – 1 shareholder
*Minimum capital requirement for FZE and FZCO has been waived by the HFZ authorities.
Facility costs and type of license
|Facility||Size||Cost in AED per annum|
|Land||Min. 5,000 sq.mtr||30 – 35 per sq.mtr|
|Hamriyah Business Centre (HBC)||–||8,000 -17,000|
|E-Offices||8 sq.m.||20,000 – 35,000|
|Executive Offices||22 sq.m. – 42 sq.m.||46,280 – 80,560|
|Factory/Warehouse||276 – 614 sq.mtr||Varies from 79,145 – 129,558|
|Registration Fee AED 10,000 (one time fee )|
|Type of License||Cost in AED per annum|
|Commercial (3 items)||3.500|
* These figures are indicative and subject to change