d3 is home to the region’s growing community of creative thinkers. It plays a key element in Dubai’s vision to transform into an innovation-led economy, and aims to engage, inspire and enable emerging talent as well as providing a platform to showcase Arab creativity to a larger, global audience.
d3 is the latest addition to Dubai’s free zone jurisdictions. Located adjacent to Dubai’s Business Bay area, with an envisioned acreage of over 25 million square feet, d3 is poised to attract leaders in the art, fashion and design industry, with a view to attracting international fashion and design brands and to develop Dubai into a regional hub for the sector. d3’s mantra is to be the beating heart of the Middle East’s design scene, a creative community where local designers rub shoulders with global brands. The idea is to nurture local talent in hope that the next global brand will come out of Dubai”.
Although construction of d3 is yet to be completed, d3 is already accepting numerous applications for registering corporate entities and is already issuing licenses. Importantly entities licensed prior to the completion of construction of d3, will be permitted to operate from offices located anywhere in Dubai, until such time construction of d3 facilities is completed and the physical launch of d3 takes place.
- 100% tax free and 100% foreign ownership
- No corporate tax and income tax for 50 years
- No customs duty
- As an incentive to set up in d3, its rules permit the migration into d3 of companies set up in free zones administered by TECOM or the DIFC
- Entities set up in d3 can apply for two licenses enabling them to operate within d3 as well as in the Dubai mainland.
- d3, on a case by case basis, may permit 100% foreign ownership of restaurant businesses and, similarly to the DIFC, select venues may be awarded with alcohol licenses.
Forms of registration
- Branch of a foreign company
- Branch of a UAE company
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC) – minimum share capital varies from AED 50,000 to AED 100,000 depending on the authorities after review of the business plan.
Facility costs and type of license
|Facility||Size||Cost in AED per annum|
|Registration Fee one time (FZ-LLC) AED 3,510|
|Registration Fee one time (Branch) AED 3,510|
|Segment /Activity||No of Activities allowed within the segment||Cost in AED per annum|
|Fashion (except Manufacturing)||Five||15,000|
|Fashion (incl. Manufacturing)||Five||20,000|
|Luxury (except Manufacturing)||Five||15,000|
|Luxury (incl. Manufacturing)||Five||20,000|
|Interior, Furniture and Objects (except Manufacturing)||Five||15,000|
|Interior, Furniture and Objects (incl. Manufacturing)||Five||20,000|