DAFZA(Dubai Airport Free zone Authority), the most economical and prestige Free Trade Zone in Dubai, established 1996, and located at Dubai International Air Port. Setting up your business DAFZA is easy. It requires minimal paperwork, The cost is reasonable, and the processing time is fast. Our in house consultants will help you with every step the way.
Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ) was established under Law No.2 of 1996 and its amendment No.2 of 2000. It is wholly owned by the Government of Dubai. DAFZA is located within the boundary of Dubai International Airport. DAFZA is an ideal location for high-tech/IT products, luxury items, jewelry, light industry and activities related to the aviation industry.
Over the years, DAFZ has provided most attractive incentive packages, connectivity and support to multinational companies from every continent, enabling them to establish regional offices here in Dubai and capture a wealth of business opportunities throughout neighboring markets. Moreover, as a city host to various world-class international business and commercial events, investors enjoy the advantage of the free zone’s strategic location next to one of busiest airports in the world.
Amongst the array of business services, DAFZA boasts fast processing of paperwork, rapid customs clearance, a wealth of expertise amongst their staff and a ‘no fuss’ approach to facilitating business for tenant companies. This is reflected in the loyalty and diversity of their clients, which number around 1500 companies.
- Located within the boundaries of Dubai International Airport.
- Fast and efficient cargo clearance services (8-24 hours).
- International Freight Forwarders and Logistics companies at DAFZ.
- Online customer service (e-Services).
- Land with easy access to airport apron.
- Type of activities include manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging, import / export, distribution, storage, services, etc.
Forms of registration
- Branch of a foreign company.
- Branch of a UAE company.
- Free Zone Company (FZCO) – minimum share capital is AED 1,000.
Facility costs and type of license
|Facility||Size||Cost in AED per annum|
Light industrial units
(pre-built units) Min. 350 sq.m
|350 sq.m||800 per sq.m|
|Office||Min. 25 sq.m||1,800 – 2,200 per sq.m|
|Smart Desk*||Exclusive Furnished desk space||50,000 per annum|
|Business Enabled Office**||50 sq.m||4,000 per month for Branch and 12,000 per month for FZE|
|FZE Registration Fee – one time – AED 10,000|
|Type of License||Cost in AED per annum|
To cater to the needs of small businesses and start-ups, DAFZA offers Flexi Desk Solutions as “Smart Desk Packages”. Smart Desk Packages offer easy business setup solutions to the new businesses to start small and explore the market. These smart solutions help businesses achieve greater functional efficiency at a lower operational cost.
The AED 50,000 annual package includes – Exclusive Furnished desk space, Trading/Service License to operate, One Employment Visa and Free WiFi. The lease for Smart Desk Package is valid for two years to be renewed annually. After two years, the client needs to upgrade to normal office/package.
**Business Enabled Office
DAFZ also has launched the ‘Business Enabled Office’. This package includes a 50 sqm fully operational standard office and all start-up expenses, such as licensing, registration and employment visas, all for an inclusive monthly rent starting from AED 12,000.(4,000 for Branch).
The standard 25 sqm ‘Business Enabled Office’ includes:
Wallpaper, flooring, false ceiling, lighting, blinds, air-conditioning, standard floor boxes, office signage; Telephone, fax and internet line; Electricity; Furniture; License and Registration; Commercial services (2 employment visas); Housekeeping services
- 100% foreign ownership.
- 0% corporate tax.
- No restriction on capital repatriation.
- 0% import or re-export duties.
- 0% personal income tax.
- No currency restrictions.
- No restriction on foreign talent or employees.
- Onsite Customs.
Documents Required for Initial Dubai Company Formation
- Application Form, will be handled by us
- Letter of Intent, will be handled by us
- Your existing company brochure (if available)
- Annual financial report or shareholder(s) 6 months bank statement for the shareholder not applicable for new registration
- Copy of the manager’s passport and his CV
- Copy of shareholder(s) passport and CV
- Original (not a copy) bank reference letter ( for each shareholders
- No Objection letter by the current sponsor, for manager (if a resident of UAE and UAE employment visa-holder)
- Initial approval(s) from the third authority(s) in case your business activates required such approval. Example: Media, IT, Pharmaceutical
After that your application is approved the authority will issue an initial approval for your business, and after that you will:
- Choose a ready fitted office an office space from DAFZA stunning selection that’s the most appropriate size and layout for your business requirements.
- Or decide whether you’ll require DAFZA excellent value fit-out service for your office, or if you’ll be doing that independently.
Then, once the office is finalized:
- Lease agreement will be prepared
- Office keys can be collected.
After making the necessary selections regarding the office space, we will start the preparation of the legal documents.
Additional Documents required for a corporate shareholder and for Branch
- Attested and notarized Memorandum of Association / Article of Association. It must be attested from the UAE Embassy at the place of origin.
- Board resolution to be resolute by the board of directors for your existing company/ entity at place of origin expressing intent of establishing a new setup abroad. Must be attested and notarized by the U.A.E Embassy.(Template will be forwarded by Our Firm)
- Certificate of registration (if applicable) for your existing company/ entity, license or certificate Of incorporation your existing company/ entity attested and notarized by the U.A.E Embassy
When all the above is complete, your business license will then be issued along with the share capital certificate if the capital paid in full